We can always use volunteers on our team! Enthusiastic and detail-oriented volunteers assist our staff in three primary capacities: performance support, event support for fundraisers, and general office support. If you are interested in volunteering, please email Executive Administrator Vivienne O’Dwyer and indicate how you would like to be involved: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Joining the Forklift team represents an incredible opportunity to work closely with Forklift artists and play an integral role in the day-to-day administrative and artistic operations of our small and dynamic non-profit. Forklift staff provides professional and personal support and incorporates intern feedback to provide a positive learning experience.
Please direct questions to Assistant Choreographer Gretchen LaMotte at email@example.com.
Ideal candidates will:
- Take initiative and be able to work both independently and collaboratively within a team
- Be flexible, willing to take on a range of tasks, and ready to respond in the moment
- Demonstrate skills relevant to three key pillars of the Forklift process: curiosity, close listening, and artistic excellence
- Maintain a positive attitude in the face of long hours, outdoor rehearsals in the summer heat, and variability of assigned tasks
- Be confident in managing personal responsibilities while working effectively as a team
- Be rigorous in their attention to detail
- Possess strong communication and interpersonal skills with openness to growth (as relationship-building is central to the Forklift process)
- Have a basic working proficiency with Microsoft Excel, GSuite, iMovie & FinalCut Pro (familiarity working with databases is beneficial but not required)
Forklift Danceworks is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Spanish speakers are particularly encouraged to apply. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, familial status, sexual orientation, national origin, ability, age, or veteran status.
Academic Credit & Stipends: We frequently work with college students interested in gaining experience working with a non-profit arts organization and will work with candidates to secure academic credit with your college or university. We may be able to provide local candidates with a small stipend.